Friday, February 27, 2009

Maybe Someday

Maybe someday I’ll forget you. And maybe someday I’ll forgive you. Forgive you for messing up my life. Forgive you for showing me love and joy and then leaving me mid-way – pining for you and all that you said would be ours. Forgive you for all the dreams that we shared. Forgive you for all the memories that I still have of you, which are like burning embers in my mind – giving me constant agony. Forgive you for all my unshed tears and unspoken words. Forgive you for all the solitary moments I’ve spent thinking of you. Forgive you for making me curse myself, thinking that it was entirely my fault.
Maybe someday I’ll be able to meet another girl and not compare her to you. Maybe someday I’ll not think of you when I see or read a love story. Maybe someday, when I want to share something, I won’t think of you. Maybe someday, if I want to speak my heart out, I won’t expect you to be the listener.
And maybe someday I’ll be able to look at you, talk to you and not feel something burning inside me. Maybe someday I’ll be able to ask you why you did this to me.

But, till that day my love, stay away from me.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

hey...this is indeed a good one....but then if u r talking about forgiving in love....let me tell something...
"When I say “I Love You” and still feel the pain, still feel jealous and insecure; and hate when “You” does not spend much time with “I”- then I am stressing on the word ”You” rather than ”I”. It means that “You” are the greatest thing that “I” love, and that “I” exist just because “You” have pitied on me by bestowing your love to me. It makes “I” feel helpless, puny, insecure, clasped with inferiority complex, expecting love with the same passion and intensity from “You” in return. It’s like, since I love you, you should love me too. It holds conditions and false expectations. It wants a binding. That's how love gets lost, when we start laying down rules for when love should or shouldn't appear. Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused. “I” could spend the rest of my life saying that “I” love such a person or thing, when the truth is that “I” am merely suffering because, instead of accepting love's strength, “I” am trying to diminish it so that it fits the world in which “I” imagine “I” live.

“I Love You” should have an emphasis on the word “I” implying that “I” love “You” no matter if you love me or not. “I” expressed my feelings for “You” because “I” was not able to contain the overwhelming feeling within “I”. “I” do not care if “You” have the slightest similar feeling for “I” or not, because “I” have the power only over what “I” think and feel, “I” can’t force “You” to feel the same, neither can “I” coax “You” to manipulate and change your views and thoughts....

woooow...tht was big...but i think the message is clear....[:P]

Chaitanya Ravi said...

Kuch likha hai be...Poora emotion se likha hai..jabar !

jaadu said...

hmmm ....

abhay dunno wat to comment :P

MyTh said...

sento ho raha hai be bahut.. tone badal... aur koi accha sento nahi hai, sab mein tera kat raha hai :P

http://mythun.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/i-can-still-recall/#comments

Anonymous said...

Hey dude last line (stay away from me)is not needed...she has already ditched u right?

Dead_Man said...

I guess the guy feels/hopes that she will return sometime.

Btw,i HATE anonymous people.

Siddhartha said...

kahan phans gaya be tu !!

Unknown said...

abe i have a question...at some point agar teri ek bandi ho gayi...fir to tera blog likhna bilkul band ho jaayega kya??? :P :D :))

Dead_Man said...

nai be... then i'll start writing abt sumthing other than love :P

Unknown said...

kyun.....kadki mil jaayegi to life mein love nahin rahega....??
by the way, abhi bhi tum "love" nahin "hatred, ditching and bereavement" par hi likh rahe ho....ryt....?? "love" pe to likha hi nahin..... [:P]

xxayisjeeves said...

If what the reader reads between the lines be true, then you should probably pull yourself together. There’s this beautiful song titled “I Will Survive”. Do lend it an ear sometime.

As far as the literary aspect is concerned, the emotions flow superbly. “A collage depicting the inner strife, a state from where the individual can neither recuperate, nor let the ordeal pass …”

NIVEDITA said...

nice :)